Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Newest Baby Quilt

I make family quilts for all the nieces and 
nephews when they have their first baby.
(if I made one for each grand niece and nephew
 I'd be way too busy, between Walt and I there are
50 grand nieces and nephews)
Michelle and Kennedy had their first baby 
May 16th
 This is their family quilt  --  The Hidden Four Patch
 I sew their family name in the border.  Then they 
can use it for all the babies in their family
 The back
And I sign and date the back
 The four patch, hence the name
 cut into triangles
 second four patch
 cut into triangles
 The four patches sewn together makes two of these squares
 It's cut into little pieces
 The four pieces with two rectangles are turned 180 degrees
 and each piece is sewn into a block
Each block is sewn together 
then borders, batting, and back quilted together
 and the binding     Done!!

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! Thank you, Stevi, for such an heirloom gift to the Esume family. It is such a treasure!!

    ReplyDelete